I received a Liebster blog award! Thank you Brandi from Penguins in Pink for nominating me! This award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Here’s some information about the Liebster Blog Award (thank you Brandi for this snapshot of information about it).
- The Liebster Blog Award is passed around the blogging community. It’s kinda like a get to know you thing.
- It allows for discovering of new and up and coming bloggers.
- It’s usually given to those who have less than 200 followers.
- You are given 11 questions to answer in your blog post.
- You also are supposed to share 11 random facts about yourself.
- You can nominate up to 11 other bloggers.
- It is very much like the chain letters of the 90s, emails of the 00s, and status updates of today. But this one is fun and does not promise anything… good luck or bad luck.
At this bottom of this post I will nominate other people. It’s actually pretty fun! Enjoy! Don’t forget to check them out! Here are the answers to the questions that I was asked.
- How long have you been blogging? Off and on since around 2001. I’ve always enjoyed blogging. Remember LiveJournal?
- What do you love and hate about blogging? I love making connections and relating to other people through the blogosphere. I dislike the fact that I often think of blog posts when I’m out and about, and don’t have access to my computer.
- Why do you blog? It’s a release. I’ve always been a person of “words”, and needing to get things out through writing. It helps me to think and gathering my thoughts.
- Which one of your blog posts were you most proud of, and why? Probably The Unnatural Mom. Some moms can be so judgmental. The judging needs to stop. This blog post came after I received some negative feedback from other moms about things I was doing. And after I read another blog post and someone bashing other moms for not being a “natural” mom. I just thought it was hurtful, and wrong.
- What’s your all time favorite movie? Back to the Future! All of them. Does that count as one? Probably not. Oh well! 😉
- Surprise! Company is staying for dinner. What are you going to make them to wow them? Umm. I’m the worst cook ever. My husband is the chef in our family, and he’s so good at it! I’d have him whip something up. Don’t judge me!
- Are you a turtle in disguise? Or do you wish you were one? What? No.
- Did that last question make you snortle (snort and chortle combined)? Admittedly, I had to Google that. Gosh, I love the Internet.
- Who is your favorite fictional character? I’m still a big fan of Daria. OLD SCHOOL!
- Coffee, tea or soda? Love my sweet tea! And hot tea! Coffee is disgusting.
- Unleash your inner nerd – Star Wars or Star Trek? This is tough. Like, really tough. Can I pick both? I’m inclined to say Star Trek because I grew up watching Generation, but Star Wars is a close second.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I want to live in the future.
- There was a time when I wanted to live in the middle of Times Square, now I’d love to have a few acres of land.
- IKEA is my Disney World.
- I also love Disney.
- I was once a night owl. These days I can’t seem to stay up past 10.
- I would love to have a pet sloth. They’re smelly, but oh so adorable.
- Pretty sure most people would say I take way too many pictures of my kid.
- I’m really bad at video games, but I enjoy playing them.
- I have a van. I never thought I’d own a van. I said I NEVER would. I LOVE MY VAN!
- I put make up on even if I know I’m not leaving the house for the day.
- I would wear jeans every day if I could. (Jeans only on Friday at work.)
Here are the questions I have for you:
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite blog? Why?
- If you could only pick one favorite song, what would it be?
- What is one materialistic item you cannot live without? (Aside from saying a computer that you update your blog with) 😉
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- If you could time travel, what year would you want to travel to?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- How many pairs of jeans do you own?
- Beach or pool?
- What is your favorite scent?
- What was your favorite childhood toy?
Here’s my 10 nominees:
- That’s Not My Boob
- Just Ponderin
- The Stalvey Family
- Beautiful Life with Cancer
- The Mom In Black
- Science of Mom
- Are You Finished Yet?
Here are the Liebster Blog rules:
- Acknowledge and link back your nominator–that’s me.
- Answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Here’s the challenging part: Think of 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them.
This was really fun to do! Thanks, Brandi! Block-Rock on!